We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

Hi..We're planning to stay on Railay beach after 5 nites in Phuket along with my 22mo daughter on Mid April. We're concerned about the safetiness on long tail boat (I'll bring her safety jacket though) and her motion sickness due to sea waves. Any of you experienced with toddler on long tail boat? TIA!

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,791 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,161 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

It's relatively safe, but I would advise against going if the seas are rough. It's only about a 15 minute journey so you should be fine. Have been on a longtail with a 2 year old, she loved it. Just keep tight hold of her.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

Thanks Cassnu! So I decided to stay in Centara Grand Beach Krabi instead of Railay, quite secluded and can only access by longtailboat as well, cos i want to head up to Aonang once or twice to enjoy local vibe. Do you know some place in aonang center that I can pick up diapers and UHT milk? Dont want to buy in bulk in Phuket days before..

Mentioned in this post
Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
Centara Grand Beach...
4,264 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,161 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

lazychair, I'm not sure what supermarkets are in Ao Nang itself, hopefully someone can direct you on that, but you can definitely get them in the supermarket in Krabi Town around 30 minutes from Ao Nang.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

Noted, many thanks for your help!

5. Re: Toddler on long tail boat, is it safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 12:48