We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

Hi

We will be staying at Rayavadee in 2 weeks time and am amazed at the different beaches/islands we could visit,we know we will be in a beautiful spot at Rayavadee but still fancy seeing abit more.We have read about Hong island and I have always had a thing about visiting Phi Phi,we also know it is high season.Where would you all recomend for stunning scenery and an uncrowded beach (if there is such a thing high season?),somewhere beautiful and peaceful if possible,thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Mentioned in this post
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
2,077 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
melia las dunas
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

Hi Chrissy

I have just started looking at forums for this part of Thailand, and came across your Topic, and thought what a great question and was surprised nobody had replied to post.

We are stopping at Krabi > Holiday inn, Phi Phi > Koh Mook in October, I was just wandering; If YOU could go on just one boat trip, which one would it be.

Mark

P.S

I might have sent this before I can' t remember I have had a couple of beers

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

Hi Mark

I had forgotten I had even asked this question!.Our holiday seems such a long time ago now but it was amazing,we absolutely loved the area and I think you would be hard pushed to find a more photogenic place than this part of Thailand.Of course the down side to visiting such a gorgeous place is that everyone else does too so I would forget trying to find a quiet deserted beach,everywhere we went was buisy,our boat couldn't even get in at Maya Bay but we still swam there off the boat and its beauty will stay with us forever.We then visited Bamboo island for a picnic lunch which was lovely and not quite as buisy,we just did the standard boat trip from our hotel basically which visited the 2 places.We stayed at Rayavadee and the beach there is amazing,we spent every morning on the beach there but by 9.30am that too was filling up,it is all so beautiful and therefore very popular,it certainly would not stop us going back and we were high season,might be a bit quieter for you in October.Hope you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Bay
Maya Bay
8,321 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Bamboo Island
Bamboo Island
2,961 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Rayavadee Resort
Rayavadee Resort
2,077 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
107 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

I'd do the Hong Island tour, that would be my pick. I wouldn't worry about Phi Phi as it is so crowded. Hong Island Tour takes in a few islands and you also get to go snorkelling if you'd like, and it's a lot closer to the mainland that Phi Phi, so it makes more sense for a day tour. My second pick would be the 4 Island Tour.

I hope that helps

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

@Chrissy... I have been to Thailand before and I am on my way there now...with out a doubt don't miss Phi Phi island. If your going to relax for the day visit long beach. Which is not crowded at all and has a beautiful view of koh phi phi lei in the fore ground...there are cheap eats on the beach and long tail boats waiting to taxi you around...you can take a quick visit to phi phi lei from there...don't miss it!

I'm going back for a second visit...if you wanna miss the crowds don't go to ton sai bay where all the bars and cubs are...

Edited: 09 June 2013, 10:24
Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
5. Re: If you could go on just one boat trip,which one would it be?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 10:47