We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi or Koh Samui?

Dubai, Dubai...
1 post
Save Topic
Krabi or Koh Samui?

Hello

I am traveling with my parents to Thailand now in 1 week, so in august.

I am looking for beautiful resort, preferably villa or cottage accomodation directly on the beach, not too much of hills around. I want lovely and relaxing atmosphere with beautiful view and beach, delicious food as well.

I am considering between Krabi or Koh Samui and i can not make up my mind as i have never been there before.

I am also looking for some activities, for example boat trips to the islands, snorkling, and also a bit of shopping, elephant riding.

Can you please help me and give me some advices from your experiences?

Thank you very much.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

Weatherwise, Koh Samui is better than Krabi in August - the rainy season differs between the Gulf island and the Andaman coast

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

yes for weather Koh Samui / Phangan / Tao are is best in August, also nice vacation destination anyway :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

Yes, it's monsoon weather in rabi so I wouldn't risk going there, stick to the Gulf side of Thailand.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

Sorry, that should of course read "weather in Krabi"

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

The weather here in Krabi has been BEAUTIFUL for the last month - very little rain :)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

Hi

Yes agree with the others August the weather will be better in koh Samui. And if you're decide to go to koh Samui I would suggest you start looking for accoms now as its can get very busy at this time of year.

There are plenty of things to do, islands hoping, water activity, boat trip.

Happy planing

7. Re: Krabi or Koh Samui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 13:46