We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay Bay Resort and Spa

Montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
Railay Bay Resort and Spa

Has anyone been to the Railay Bay Resort and Spa? I need advise on room type to pick from Deluxe Cottage, Suite Cottage and Railay Deluxe. Are the Deluxe cottages that far from from the West Beach? Any advise you have would be helpful.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

We like staying at this hotel and have done so a number of times. As for what room, depends on what you are looking for. The area is not that large and it only takes a few minutes to walk from one end to another. We actually found that the pool in the centre of the resort was actually nicer during the day if it was windy. There are some online maps of where the various rooms are. Our personal choice is the privacy cottages. The more expensive rooms are closer to the West side - I think the amenity is pretty much the same.

Montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
2. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

The Privacy cottages sound like a good choice. I will get a price for that. Before I make a final decision, have you been to the Railay Village and Bhu Nga Thani? They have better ratings on TA. Also wondering if there is any snorkling on the beach directly at the resort? While I'm at it with the questions, are there restaurants outside the resort, walking distance?

I hope you don't mind all the questions.

Montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
3. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

The Privacy cottages sound like a good choice. I will get a price for that. Before I make a final decision, have you been to the Railay Village and Bhu Nga Thani? They have better ratings on TA. Also wondering if there is any snorkling on the beach directly at the resort? While I'm at it with the questions, are there restaurants outside the resort, walking distance?

I hope you don't mind all the questions.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

Bhu Nga Thani is on the East side so there is no swimmable beach directly in front of the hotel as there is a lot of mangroves and low tide during the day. From the outside though, the hotel looks a lot more modern and clean. It really isnt a big deal to walk from East side to West side though. 5 min walk.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

Are there restuarants outside the hotel? Yes, but not a lot. We eat a lot at the Flame Tree because we just like the tables at the beach. Railay itself is not a great food destination (not bad, just not great - for that you need to go to Krabi town). They non-hotel places are sprinkled through the area. The whole area isn't that large so you can walk anywhere in a few minutes.

Montreal
Level Contributor
94 posts
6. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

We have finally booked Railay Beach & Spa for Dec. 6 - 12th. Does anyone know if there is good snokerling directly from the hotel and if the hotel provides life jackets.

Krabi
Level Contributor
21 posts
7. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

No any snorkeling point at Railay. If you wish to do that. Take a day trip to 4 Islands (Chicken, Poda, Tub and White sand bank) or Phi Phi and Maya bay. This programs you can enjoy snorkeling. You can book day trip upon arrive at the hotel. Reasonable price with good service provide. Don't book outside. Of course, the price is little bit cheaper but the service and quality of tours are different. You get what you pay for!.

Cheers,

Timmy

8. Re: Railay Bay Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach