We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about how get to Railay area

Sankt-Peterburg
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Question about how get to Railay area

Hi everobody)

I need help with making a choise of hotel

I like living in the first line hotels with the beach area and i like living near main tourist places too.

I'm looking for hotel on Krabi now.

I liked Railay area but when i was looking on the map I didn't see any roads on it.

Tell me please, it is real living in Railay Bay Resort & Spa, for example, and driving by motorbike to main area of Krabi - Ao Nang or people who live there do it by only boat?

Maybe you can recomend me hotels on the Ao Nang with good beach.

Thank you!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

Is it important for you to spend holidays at a place having roads and risk to get rolled over by a vehicle ? Indeed Railay has no roads, is secluded and surrounded by limestone karst. The only access is by boat.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,203 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

Ao Nang has a mediocre beach and there are no hotels along Ao Nang Beach. Railay is stunning and worth visiting - it's the lack of roads that make it so wonderful.

Sankt-Peterburg
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

There are hotels on Ao Nang with beach side.

It is place where road turns from the sea line to top of coast.

For example Ao Nang Villa Resort.

Could you tell me, how is time for latest boat from Ao Nang to Railay

If I want to go to Ao Nang for walking, on massage, do some shopping i can really stay on the coast Ao Nang for all night if i was late)

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,203 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

I reiterate that there are no hotels right on the beach in Ao Nang including Ao Nang Village Resort, they all have roads between them and the beach apart from Krabi Resort which is at the opposite end of Ao Nang Beach.

There are no scheduled boats to Railey, you just go to the pier in Ao Nang and hire a boat to take you or join some others that are going.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

Have you checked out Groupon Thailand ? There was a great deal on this week for a hotel in Krabi ...

Sankt-Peterburg
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

Could you give me link on Groupon Thailand?

Cassnu, please look the map, i saw correctly than there are area without road along the beach side which is situated nearelly Railay area

Look at the screen http://postimage.org/image/kj3e3pyan/

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
182 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

www.mygroupon.co.th/deals ..... Hope this helps , i am not great with the whole link transfer thing !!!!

The deal is for railay Beach and spa resort , cottage for 2 With breakfast 59% off !!!!

Sankt-Peterburg
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

Thank you soo much!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,203 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

SaleSeo, you can't see it clearly but there is a small road between the hotels and beach, so technically they are not directly on the beach - I have walked along this road, so I know it's there - they are not beachfront hotels.

You cannot get to Railey by road, but I imagine it won't be too long before one is added.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 03:51
10. Re: Question about how get to Railay area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 14:48