We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay Beach: ease of entry via longtail during low season

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Railay Beach: ease of entry via longtail during low season

Hi, I'll be going to Krabi during end August and would absolutely love to checkout tranquil Railay, or to even get accommodation there. What I'm worried about is the ease of getting in and out of Railay from Ao Nang via long tail boat, because of what I've read from some forums and wikitravel. It said that as there are far lesser tourist, sometimes it takes a very long time to get the long tail to be filled up before the person decide to move, either that or pay the person for the entire boat's traveling fees to get moving. Can someone validate or dispel this? Would also appreciate to know how much it costs for each long tail trip.

Thank you!

Krabi
Level Contributor
21 posts
1. Re: Railay Beach: ease of entry via longtail during low season

Public long tail boat at Aonang. I think , ticket is THB 100-150 per person per way. Boat ride when every 8 passengers. If you need to depart immediately, you have to pay as private. The price is about THB 1500 per way. For me, if you stay at Railay, you can use hotel transfer service. It is more convenience than you come by yourself. Due to high and low tide effect when you arrive.

Cheers,

Timmy

ILoveRailayBay

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
2. Re: Railay Beach: ease of entry via longtail during low season

Thank you so much! :)

3. Re: Railay Beach: ease of entry via longtail during low season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 14:47