We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busy periods in Feb

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Busy periods in Feb

I will be in Krabi with my partner on the 14th of Feb and friends have recommended we visit Railay as the beaches and vibe are unlike any other place. We have never been to Krabi so I just wanted to check how busy it will be at that time and what the weather is normally like?

Also reviews are telling me that west Railay beach is the nicer side, is this correct? Railay Village Resort looks like the best value for money, would you recommend i book my stay in advance and what is a good amount of time to stay in the one location?? We are looking forward to exploring some of the islands and catching up on some vitamin D! :) We will be in Thailand for 2 weeks and are planning on spending a couple days in Bangkok before flying back home.

Looking forward to hearing back :)

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Railay Village Resort
Railay Village Resort
1,009 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Busy periods in Feb

Feb is very busy and there is almost no rain. West Railay is very nice, but at this time also very crowded. From there you can also book trips to all the beautiful islands around.

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busy periods in Feb

Thanks for the feedback! Which islands close by would you recommend we stay at that are a little quieter at that time?

If it is going to be too busy i dont want to stay there for that long and would prefer to spend time on a beach with less people.

Would it be best to book 2-3 nights in advance so we dont miss on the resort we are after during that busy time?

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Busy periods in Feb

The Andaman coast is very busy in Feb, no matter where you go. It's peak season and usually with the best weather and calm sea. Resorts are booked to capacity. You best book in advance.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busy periods in Feb

Have you tried Ko Yao or Ko Lanta if it is peace and quiet you are looking for on an island setting?

Mentioned in this post
Ko Lanta
Ko Lanta
Krabi Province, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busy periods in Feb

Thanks for that, I will look into Koh lanta. We visited in 2010 and I booked all of my accommodation month before. After a couple days in Bangkok we went across to Koh Samui where we got stuck in the monsoon and missed out on the last part of our holiday which was in Krabi. I am really looking forward to finally getting there as I hear it is very beautiful. Having said that I am a little nervous about booking resorts in advance but don’t want to miss out due to it being busy.

What would be a good amount of time to stay on Railay beach? :)

Edited: 18 May 2012, 13:24
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,788 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busy periods in Feb

2 nights should be more than enough time on Railay I reckon.

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
7. Re: Busy periods in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:11