We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railey beach to PhiPhi

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Railey beach to PhiPhi

we will be staying on Railey beach for 4 days in a weeks time and i was wondering if we will be able to go on a boat trip to Phi phi from there and how much will it cost? We are going to Phuket for a week after and i was thinking of booking Phuket sail tours to go on day trip to Phi Phi but its quite expensive and i thought that maybe it makes sense to do this trip from Railey as its nearer. Im a bit confused about what to do and whether i need to book in advance as i really want to go to Phi Phi. Any advice welcome,thanks.

Batemans Bay...
Level Contributor
152 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

We did the 4 Islands and Phi Phi day trips from Aonang with Aonang Orchid speed boats and both times they picked up people from Railey beach for the tours. We were happy with Aonang Orchid, which is why we used them twice.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
2. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

Almost all tours as well as ferries will stop at Raley so it's no problem! Much shorter trip than from Phuket, also because you don't need to transfer to and from the pier which often takes an hour each way since the minibuses stop at many hotels!

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
3. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

Thanks for that, so does that mean it would be possible to book a tour to Phi Phi from Railey and not have to go to Ao nang? It sounds like that may be the better and the quicker option. Also does the tour include other islands as well as Phi Phi? We were recommended to go with one of the smaller tour operators , i will look into the aonang Orchid.. Any more responses welcome, thanks.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
4. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

The boats stop at Railey West (outside the beach in case of the ferry)

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
5. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

Thanks, do you think it would be better to take a tour of just make our own way to Phi Phi and back with the ferry? i know it would be cheaper that way but we probably wouldnt see as much. Can anyone recommend any other tour companies that do trips please?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

Just bumping this back up as I would also love to know whether it is possible to travel by ferry to Phi Phi for a day trip and look around without needing to book a tour

arctica
Level Contributor
932 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

sarahewitt,

There are shared speedboat daytrips from Koh Lanta to the two Phi Phi islands (not the 4 island trip) with snorkelling, beaches and lunch, including an hour or two at Phi Phi Don where you can do what you like on your own.

I would be surprised if the same kind of trip wasn`t available from Railay and Ao Nang, as well. If a speed boat trip leave from Ao Nang, I am quite sure they will pick up guests staying at Railay, as well, without expecting them to meet up in Ao Nang. That would be strange. Have you searched the web...?

I have not done the trip myself, and don`t know if they run in low season, or wether you can choose to be dropped off at Phi Phi Don if you prefer not to snorkel etc.

8. Re: Railey beach to PhiPhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:12
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach