We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

Any updates on the weather and any flood damage in and around Railay and Ao Nang beaches,arriving in two wks....

Cheers Rob/Sydney.

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Miami Beach, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

Ill be there in 2 weeks as well staying from 24-25th. wondering about this myself. Did railay get hit bad?

Frederikssund
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

Going to Ao Nang from the 23th, so hope to hear something about the conditions there as well...

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
london
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

any news?? i am travelling to aonang next week and desperately want to know what the conditions are like???

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php… for the weather and forecasts. There were no floods, but a large landslide away from the tourist areas. Reading through the various Krabi forums might have answered these questions already.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

Hi, i am heading to Railay Beach in the next 2-3 days. Can anyone help update on the weather there? UK has issued travel advisory against flooding and landslide there. Wondering if I should go ahead with my travel plans. Would appreciate any updates on the situation there. Thanks!

Edited: 08 January 2012, 19:40
Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,788 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

Graciepapa...you should be there by now...what's the update? We're supposed to head out too in a couple more days...

7. Re: Flooding in Railayt Beach and Ao Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2013, 15:46