We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

I am traveling to Lombok in January to go to university in Mataram for three weeks. I am unsure where to stay. I would like to stay in Sengiggi as i have previously stayed in this area (at Jeeva Klui) but wasn't sure if it was too far away? How long does it take to get from Sengiggi to Mataram uni (roughly)? Or is there another beachside area closer to the uni? Also any recommendation for accommodation would be appreciated. I want somewhere nice but not too expensive, anywhere up to $150 a night. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Mataram
Mataram
Lombok, Indonesia
Jeeva Klui Resort
Jeeva Klui Resort
1,380 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

Jeeva Klui into Mataram would be roughly 40 mins to an hour depending on traffic, weather, the number of chickens on the road ;-)

There are many places to stay between Montong/Meninting and Senggigi that are beachside and closer to Mataram than Jeeva Klui which is another 5-6 kms past the main Senggigi township.

Maybe look at Beach Club Senggigi which has 4 bungalows on the beach at Batu Bolong, which is right before you go over the hill into Senggigi. It is a mid-range place with a small pool and friendly bar. Nicer would be Qunci villas in Mangsit, not sure if you can get in there for less than $150 but January is low season and you are staying a while, so perhaps see what you can negotiate.

Mentioned in this post
Jeeva Klui Resort
Jeeva Klui Resort
1,380 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Mataram
Mataram
Lombok, Indonesia
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Batu
Batu
East Java, Indonesia
Mangsit
Mangsit
Lombok, Indonesia
Mataram, Indonesia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

Or You can try Jayakarta or The Chandi, it's pretty much closer to get to mataram from there.

Mentioned in this post
The Jayakarta Lombok, Beach Resort & Spa
The Jayakarta Lombok...
310 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

Or even closer, Meninting Raya..

4. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 10:49