We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakdown of Senggigi Area

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Breakdown of Senggigi Area

I'll be in Lombok in June and intend to stay in Senggigi area for about 4 nights before moving South. Have been reading up on hotels around Senggigi area but I'm still not sure of the location of these areas.

Best as I know there are 3(?) main areas from south to north:

Batu Bolong - can anyone comment on the beach here? Is the water safe and nice for swimming. Is it possible to walk to central from Batu Bolong? On the map, it looks possible. Is it on the beach, or is there a pedestrian walkway?

Senggigi Central (with Senggigi Beach at one end, and Sheraton at the other) - can be quite crowded but convenient for eating and shopping.

Mangsit - nicest beaches in the area but needs transport to central

Am I about right?

I'm looking for a beachfront hotel, preferably with a pool, and within 200m walking distance to other places to eat - doesn't hv to be restaurants or cafes. As long as there're warungs or food stalls along the beach other than the hotel restaurant, I'm fine. Does such a place exist? My budget is less than US$150 per night.

If I'm going for a big chain hotel, would anyone recommend Santosa?

Btw, I'll be travelling with my elderly parents and 3 teenaged girls.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Breakdown of Senggigi Area

They normally use a traffic 'wand' with an array of red LEDs rather than a stop sign if at night time :)

During daylight hours they normally just stand sacrificially on the road in front of the traffic and wave it down to stop.

They are quite sensitive about looking out for guests, and all the hotel staff that need to go across the road for the normal range of service requirements.

You have imagined the rest quite accurately... "herding us across the road just like a school traffic warden" is pretty much what happens.

They are very nice about it though and you will not be made to feel like school children, all the security staff are very pleasant characters.

Indeed all of the staff are normally very pleasant, it is a nice hotel.

Bidy are a reliable travel agent and have an excellent reputation.

Ibu Atik atik_bidytour@yahoo.com is good to deal with and her English is quite OK.

You can book both Qunci and Holiday Resort through some of the bigger hotel aggregators as well.

Both Qunci and Holiday Resort at Mangsit beach can provide airport transfers for their quests and have good modern vehicles and decent drivers.

CGY
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Breakdown of Senggigi Area

I am in Senggigi now staying at the Puri Bunga. Nice place currently with discounted rates works it to about $40 a night. However it does have steep stairs and the entrances are very small as the have those funny little double doors and a simple padlock for security.

I saw a sign at a real estate office on the main drag offering stays by renting houses which were in the $35 usd/day range - 350000 rupiah.

It may be an alternative you might want to check out .

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Breakdown of Senggigi Area

Yes you can rent places, but that sort of price is more likely for longer stay. Also you would not get a rental "on the beachfront, preferably with a pool and walking distance to places to eat" as the OP has stated are the requirements unless you pay significantly more (ie several hundred per night).

A good source for rentals is here:

http://www.lombokpropertyandvillas.com/

you can contact this office and they will help you with a rental.

14. Re: Breakdown of Senggigi Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Senggigi