We hope to fly from Port Elizabeth with around 5 days, hoping to know if we could see in a practical order the following?:-
1. Noteable battlefields especially Rorke’s Drift, Isandlwana. Do these combine easily with others /other wars? or any museum or? we prefer not too many hours of driving?
2. Drakensburg. We realise it would be a taster only. As we are not sportey hikers, we would welcome suggestions for a scenic location to drive and stay in, with good views/ strolls.
All guidance welcomed, it seems to narrow down to asking if it makes sense to aim for:
• 2 nights in ?Ladysmith followed by
• 2 nights in Drakensberg (what is a pleasant base/scenic location to stay?) then
• drive to Johannesburg (how long /how safe for a 60 year old British couple?). If time permits before our next evening;s flight, go round on the HoHo bus.
Or if wiser to skip Joburg, what would be a circular route ending back at Durban airport?
Are we being too ambitious, should we leave something out?
All advice welcomed and appreciated