We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area for a Villa Stay?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Which area for a Villa Stay?

Hi

I appreciate this type of question has no doubt been asked many times but just wanted to ask from my perspective. We are a family of 4, two boys 9 & 7 and intend travelling to Florida to do Disney etc. next July for 3 weeks.

We would like to have a Villa with a private pool and I will be the designated driver. Usually on holidays I like to able to walk to restaurants etc. as enjoy a glass of wine (Just one mind you!) but have resigned myself to this not being the case next year. Am I missing something or there private Villa Rentals within walking distances of restaurants? At the minute I am looking at a Villa in the Davenport Area (Watersong Development).

Thanks in Advance for your help!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,086 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Which area for a Villa Stay?

A few things, you are on the wrong forum. If you are talking going the theme parks and staying in a villa, then you want the Orlando forum. this forum doesnt have as many 'eyes' on your Q. There is a villa map there to help in Top Questions.

Second, how you visit parks will influence where you stay. If you are a get ther early and stay til fireworks type, you can stay in any of the villa areas. If you want to be close to disney, and be able to go back for a swim/rest int he after noon and return later- you want the closest villas (in the Formosa Gardens area- a number of different developments there. You cant really walk to anywhere, but you could get an Uber to a nearby restaurant or Disney Springs.

Third, you could stay in a Condo- near enough to things to walk to, but will t he space and full kitchen of a villa. But no private pool (but will be nice resort pools).

Forth, get take out (or a Publix roast chicken dinner) and eat at your villa and have 2 glasses of wine!

Edited: 26 August 2016, 21:22
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,544 posts
2. Re: Which area for a Villa Stay?

The Watersong place is kinda far out from Disney. The popular places for visitors to stay when visiting Disney are Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms, and Formosa Gardens (about 1/3 the distance compared to Watersong). So unless you got a really good deal at Watersong you should look into those three.

3. Re: Which area for a Villa Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2017, 10:48