We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Car Rental - Good News!

Llantarnam, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Car Rental - Good News!

Just a quick update; following advice on here, I ditched the standard Thomson 'free' car, and opted for a car from Alamo.

I checked prices over the course of a few weeks before booking when I saw the price gradually rise;

costs from 9/1/17

Economy: Mitsubishi Mirage or similar £316.48

Compact: NissanVersa or similar £338.49

Midsize: Hyundai Elantra or similar £355.40

Booked 15/01/17;

Economy: Mitsubishi Mirage or similar £322.48

I checked after I booked and gradually the cost was still rising, so I was quite pleased.

On the off chance, I checked again today, only to see the same car had gone down to £264!

I logged in to my booking, cancelled it, with no charges, did a new search, and suddenly the price had gone up. obviously due to cookies, so I did the same search on another device, and got the cheaper costs again :)

Ive now rebooked but gone for Hyundai Elantra or similar for £279.45! so that's 2 upgrades higher(if you can call it that!) and still a saving of over £40.

Just a heads up for anyone else out there, prices seem to have fallen!

1. Re: Alamo Car Rental - Good News!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2018, 21:46