We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

I want to tour advice / tour programme for visit to Dooars from 10th Nov'2012 to 16th Nov'2012.

We are 02 adults & one boy (age 11 years).

I want to details for car from Rly stn to Rly Stn, hotel or Resort for staying (only loadging), name of the place of visit & also tour cost (Car rental cost & Resort Cost or other cost).

Please give me the details information.

Thanks

Jyoti

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

Hi Jyoti,

The suggestive tour plan :

Day 1 – Arrival Bagdogra Airport & transfer to Murti, after lunch -Gorumara / Overnight in Lataguri.

Day 2 – Visit Gorumara/Chapramari.

Day 3 – After lunch transfer to Samsing/Suntalekhola day at leisure.

Day 4 – Bindu & Jaldhaka. Overnight in Paren.

Day 5 – After breakfast transfer to Borodabari via Chillapata forest.

Day 6 – Transfer to Rajabhatkhawa. After lunch- jungle safari.

Day 7 – Jayanti Forest & Pukhri hills. Return to Rajabhatkhawa & night stay.

Day 8 – Return Bagdogra Airport.

Hotels can be suggested as per budget.

Edited: 02 July 2012, 17:30
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

Mr Ashis Roy

Thank You for your advice /tour plan.

1) Actually where we stay at night. Please tell me the name of the place for night stay & name of the resort & booking address at Kolkata.

2) What is the cost of car & booking address. I want to start journey from Mall Junction/ N J P because we will going by train from Kolkata.

Thanks

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

Mr Ashis Roy

Thank You for your advice /tour plan.

1) Actually where we stay at night. Please tell me the name of the place for night stay & name of the resort & booking address at Kolkata.

2) What is the cost of car & booking address. I want to start journey from Mall Junction/ N J P because we will going by train from Kolkata.

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,606 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

There are Forest bungalows in most of the places. For booking log on www.wbfdc.com either you book directly or through their authorised agents (list are give in the website).

Vehicle can be arranged from local agents, that will be cheaper. OR you can entrust any reliable tour operator for the entire tour with hotel & transport.

You may contact :Nature Beyond, Pallav Bhattacharya 09733000591 pallab@naturebeyond.org They are reliable.

AshisRoy

Edited: 02 July 2012, 22:43
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

Mr. Roy's suggestions are excellant - however a little hectic. I suggest a few locations to confuse you.

There is a Forest Deptt. run nature camp at a place called Kalipur near Lataguri town. that is an absolutely off beat location. There are only four cottages, two elephants to ride, a dedicated watch tower called Medhla and a captive area of Garumara NP, where only elephants from Kalipur Forest camp can go in. If luck holds right, you are sure to see lot of rhinos, bisons and elephants. We got saturated by repeated encounters.

At Jaldapara NP, try to stay in Hollong Forest Lodge, run by Forest Deptt. Rhinos and elephants come right under the windows of the three storey bunglow. Seeing wildlife right from the window of your room is a novel experience, again, if luck holds. Take the FIRST elephant ride in the morning and you are almost assured of finding wild life while roaming in the forest. If you stay at these two places, you will see all the wildlife that you hoped to see. From Jaldapara, you can make a day trip to Chilapota forest, if you have a dedicated vehicle. Only thing, you have to hire a local guide, easily available for such trips to Chilapota forest. With the old bunglow burnt down during hill agitations, charm of staying at Samsing is a bit lost. You may go little beyond and stay at the tourist cottages at Suntanekhola, a serene place to get lost in the lap of wonderful nature.

I guess all these, you can book thru net.

6. Re: DOOARS Trip during Nov 10th to 16th '2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 15:45
Get answers to your questions about Birpara
Recent Conversations