We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina

Thanks to a huge mistake by our travel agent we will be arriving at Catania airport at 21.50. It doesn't look as though there is public transport at that time (although I can't find a summer timetable) so I am wondering what is the best/cheapest way of getting from Catania to Taormina. Can anyone help?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,14,626 posts
1. Re: Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina

Welcome to Sicily kathlou!

Without public transport at the time of your arrival, you main concern should be getting to Taormina at all at the time of your arrival - Cheapest shouldn’t be your main concern.

You would arrive too late for the last direct Interbus service from the airport to Taormina.

You could take the Alibus service from the airport to Catania and take the train to Catania and then arrange a taxi at the Taormina train station, but do you really want to arrive in Taormina in the middle of the night?

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

You have few options – Hire a private transfer to Taormina, hire a car and drive, spend the night in Catania, or take the train to Taormina in the middle of the night.

transport from Catania airport to Taormina

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187892-i344-k3674…

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina

Thanks for the information. I followed up the addresses and have booked a reservation. Thanks again.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
1,14,626 posts
3. Re: Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina

Good job kathlou - Glad it's all sorted!! :-)

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Transfer from Catania airport to Taormina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 05:48