We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dropping off at stansted

Essex, United...
1 post
Dropping off at stansted

I’m going away in September and normally get dropped off at the set down drop off area can you still do that and how much is it please ?

11 replies to this topic
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Yes, still can drop off for the bargain price of £3.50

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Or get dropped off at the mid term car park and then get the free bus to the terminal. It is free if the person dropping you off stays for less than 1 hour.

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
127 reviews
3. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Do be aware that you are allowed only 10 minutes at the drop off area after which the prices go sky high!

The Mid stay option is quite popular if my observations are anything to go by

If you don't know where that is it's by the services after the slip road from the A120.

UK
Level Contributor
9,138 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Dropping off at stansted

There is another option, if your passenger is happy to walk a short distance: Take the old back road into the airport (Parsonage Road in Takeley), then drop off your passenger before you are on airport premises and get them to walk the rest. It'll take about five minutes.

Maldon, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Neat trick Aviatrix ;)

Upminster, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Beware,,,( bit off a con really ) mid stay drop off for just 1 hour , it is just not enough time,Luton and Gatwick give you 2 hours each, you are relying on the bus times,it is every 10 mins but they can be held up by people running to bus or taking a long time sorting out bags,kids,etc,,and how fast OR slow mmm the bus driver goes,,it needs to be 2 hours like the others,seen other complaints,,maybe just take your time and pay £2.00 rather than be 1 hour and a few mins and have to pay anyway,,,

Edited: 16 August 2018, 19:33
Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
127 reviews
7. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Les C fair point

but yesterday my daughter's flight was a little late so I sat in McDonalds car park,free for one hour and then went across the roundabout to mid stay for about 35 mins so there is the option of a 2 hour though obviously not in the same place.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: Dropping off at stansted

I wait at Birchanger service station and when my relatives get on the mid stay bus they text me and I drive to the car park. I am only there for about 5 or 10 minutes.

Upminster, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Cheers fella great idea if you know arrival times,,,but I was already in and dropping off, but will remember your tip if ever picking up

Woodbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Dropping off at stansted

Yes you can but it is very expensive - £3.50 for 10 minutes I think.

Better to go to the short stay car park where there is a Free drop off point and catch the shuttle. Just give yourself a little more time.

Reply to: Dropping off at stansted
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stansted Mountfitchet