We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?

I'm looking into traveling from Tulum to Palenque by overnight bus with my 12 year old daughter in July. It is about a 10 hour trip. I'm wondering how much the seats recline on the ADO gl bus? I generally can't sleep on airplanes. How do they compare to economy airplane seat in the US? ADO gl is the highest level bus for this route.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
8,059 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?

I cannot speak exactly to the ADO GL line, but I can tell you that I took a 12 hour overnight Primera Plus bus from CDMX to Pto. Vallarta last Labor Day weekend, and I was able to sleep quite comfortably (except for the 8 yr old kid 3 rows up who had a constant cough and kept me awake). However I also sleep quite comfortably on airplanes too.

The Primera Plus bus had foot rests, seat belts, calf rests (like on a recliner at home), individual electronic entertainment systems on the seatback in front of each seat, electric charging stations including USB and regular 110v plugs, and both male / female separate restrooms. I really did think it was a comfortable trip.

Hopefully RobertSDF will ring in, as he has traveled extensively in México and can probably speak directly about ADO GL. Safe travels.

¡Diviértanse!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,134 posts
157 reviews
2. Re: How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?

While the buses LG describes, are more like the ADO Platino buses, the GL buses are good. The seats are very comfortable and do recline more than standard airplane seats or the first class bus seats. They also have more leg room. The buses also have both men's and ladies restrooms as well as the coffee area in back.

The buses are normally very punctual in arriving at Palenque. You might want to take along a jacket, sweater, or blanket since the buses can be cold at night. Also if you want any snacks or drink, take that along. Will only make a brief stop at Chetumal or you may have enough time to grab something if necessary.

I have ridden this bus often all the way to San Cristobal and found it very comfortable

Edited: 18 February 2018, 08:11
3. Re: How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2018, 20:51

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,134 posts
157 reviews
4. Re: How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?

Forgot to mention, don't worry about having a well-rested driver at all times. The buses have a sleeping area below where one driver sleeps while the other drives and at some point of the trip they will change drivers.

Reply to: How much do ADO gl bus seats recline?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted