We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

Good morning TA!

We borrowed my uncle's beach front house in Cantamar, and I guess Im just looking for confirmation about safety...

it's in a gated community and we won't be going out at night.

So, any precautions besides the obvious? how is the situation right now with kidnapping & shootings? I don't mean to offend anyone, just want to be prepared.

Thanks!

yesi

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
134 reviews
1. Re: Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

If you are referring to the Cantamar that is just south of Rosarito Beach, your concerns are totally groundless. Do not be concerned. If you'd like my list of restaurants we like, things to do, etc., give me your email in a private message (by clicking on my name) and I'll email them right back to you.

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

Pstreet1... I wanted to thank you for your help! and the info. you send me, it was so valuable! we loved Cantamar, the beach house and splash!

It was very safe at all times! the house was beautiful...

The only thing is that coming back home... I kept following the signs to: 5 San Diego... but somehow I ended up in the Otay Mesa border... not the San Ysidro border...

We are going again next month... Can you help me out with directions so I can get back to the San Diego Border (5 frwy)??

Thank you sooo much!

Yesi

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
134 reviews
3. Re: Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

Stay on the main road from the toll booth. Ahead, you'll see a sign for "Rapida." Go "up" there. You'll be in line for the San Ysidro border crossing. There are signs saying "I-5, San Diego," too. It's kind of a matter of staying left--don't make a right turn and head east.

Edited: 12 September 2012, 05:41
Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

Thanks for posting that you felt safe the whole time--tell people you know that you not only survived, but you also had a good time and were safe. Mexico can use the good publicity.

5. Re: Going to Cantamar this wkend... Safety Concerns...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 14:46