We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly Hotel option

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Family friendly Hotel option

Can you recommend a hotel on a nice beach in Crete that actors to families and active children? We are traveling with a 4 and a 6 year old. Looking for something at least 4* but the child friendly factor is most important.

1 reply
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
741 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family friendly Hotel option

I note that you are posting on the Agii Apostoli forum, which if you are looking for a child friendly beach offers a choice of three, of which Iguana Beach is the most sheltered and has a range of facilities (mostly free loan of equipment) to amuse children. We find we are returning to this area on a regular basis, mainly because of the quick and easy access to Chania town on the frequent and cheap local bus service. and the range of local restaurants/ tavernas. Most hotels in Crete, Greece generally, are very child friendly, but I suspect you may be looking for a range of activities for your children. Generally, aside from pools hotels seem not to provide much in the way of children's entertainment, this seems to be the province of the larger tavernas, who provide swings, slides and playhouses to entertain children while the parents eat. There is the Golden Fun Park at the top of Nearcho, which has Go-Karts, mini golf, Bowling, and similar activities, but it would be a long walk for a 4 yr old, although you could combine it with a trip to the two big supermarkets at that location. There are many reviews of hotels on Trip Advisor and I am sure other posters will offer there opinions. I will probably come back myself after I have had a think.

Reply to: Family friendly Hotel option
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agii Apostoli