We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar for Penn State Football

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
9 posts
77 reviews
Sports Bar for Penn State Football

I'm trying to find a Sports Bar in Quebec City somewhere near the Cruise Ship Pier that might show the Penn State-Minnesota Football Game tomorrow, Saturday, October 23rd.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Sports Bar for Penn State Football

Hi pbschaeffer,

Welcome to the QUEBEC CITY TRAVEL FORUM.

Hockey is king in Canada… and certainly so in Quebec. Football ranks farther down the list… and American Football certainly behind Canadian Football… infact having spent a considerable amount of time in both the Provinces of Quebec & Ontario, I’d have to say that Ontario is far more a football kind of place (be that Canadian, American or College Ball).

Finding a Sports Bar near the Quebec City Cruise Terminal will be pretty difficult (this is a very historic area… and I cannot think of one)… such establishments would be far more prevalent in the suburbs of Quebec City vs the Historic District… La Cage aux Sports comes to mind in Ste Foy.

On a positive note, the American Networks that carry the game will be pretty common (Cable or Satellite)... most places with Tvs will have the game available (Hotel Bars)... BUT will they be willing to tune in is another challenge (especially so if there is a Hockey Game on at the same time).

Have you thought about just staying onboard the ship… I am guessing that they will televise the game in their “pub” areas as they no doubt are more in the habit of catering to their American guests.

Sorry I don’t have better news… perhaps someone who lives locally will have other ideas.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

2. Re: Sports Bar for Penn State Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 09:45