We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Quebec City accompanied by two young boys 2, 4

New City, New York
6 posts
Save Topic
First time to Quebec City accompanied by two young boys 2, 4

We will be heading up to Quebec City for 4 nights in late June/early July 2011. I need recs on places to stay, kid friendly eateries and things to do in and around town. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Quebec City
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Quebec City accompanied by two young boys 2, 4

Hi QueenC2!

I see you are new to the forums, so a big welcome to you! I would like to give you a few tips to get better answers to your questions. First, you can read this great article on how to get the right answers to your questions: …wordpress.com/2010/…

Then, I suggest you do a quick search on the Quebec City forums. Similar questions have been asked over and over again, and I am sure you could narrow your search down just by reading answers to other people's questions. You can type in any key words (like "travelling with kids" or "child friendly hotel") in the search box on top of the forums page.

Finally, there are plenty of traveller articles and reviews to help you select a few different options of activities, hotels, and restaurants. The top questions on the top of the right side (of the main Quebec City forums page) may also help you gather information.

I think it will be a lot easier for you to ask precise questions, and for us to answer them if you have a quick look. I hope this helps :)

Edited: 16 October 2010, 20:05
Mentioned in this post
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Quebec City accompanied by two young boys 2, 4

Well if your kids like to swim the Chateau Frontenac has a terrific indoor pool. No matter where you go, if your kids like swimming they want a good hotel pool and this has it.

Outside, they might enjoy the funicular, the tram between Upper and Lower town, and a ferry ride over to Levis and back might also be fun.

Up on Grand Allee, just outside the gates, you will find a MacDonalds, as well as a Chez Hubert's which will have some kid friendly meals also. In addition, in Upper town Portofino's, just off Rue St. Jean is also kid friendly with pizza and other dishes.

Enjoy!!

JDP

Mentioned in this post
Levis
Levis
Chaudiere-Appalaches, Canada
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,815 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Quebec City accompanied by two young boys 2, 4

Yes please do a bit more research on your own and then you can come back to get more precise infos or validations of what you found (ex, not in Qc but in Mtl, most locals don't recommend the light show at Notre-Dame but almost all locals will say thaa you should avoid it).

Also It would be nice to know a bit more about your likes and dislikes (both kids and adults), if you are a sporty family, etc. I would even say that you should give us a better idea of your budget but in real $$$$ since your moderate can be my luxury or vice versa.

Finally particularly if you will be inclined to rent a condo I will push you to do those researches soon since condos tends to book very early.

Bonne chance!

4. Re: First time to Quebec City accompanied by two young boys 2, 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 09:48