We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel de Glace

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
Hotel de Glace

I heard that the ice hotel is moving to a new location this year. Does anyone know if its new location will be closer or further away from Quebec City?

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
5,022 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Hotel de Glace

travelrrr, not seeing any answers from any locals I checked the website, www.icehotel-canada.com, and saw nothing which indicated that it had moved. Where did you hear that maybe they had?

JDP

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hotel de Glace

Read it in my wife's Canadian Living magazine. It says Canada's only ice hotel is moving to a new location this year that's 56 kilometres from Duchesnay.

whitestone, ny
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Hotel de Glace

The Ice Hotel will be build this year on the previous site of the Zoo, a few km outside Quebec. From Old City only a 15 min drive.

http://www.icehotel-canada.com/contact.php

niagara falls.canada
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hotel de Glace

whitestoney....Many years ago, when we spent 4 months in Levis, we visited the zoo in Charlesbourg several times. I did not know it has since been closed . If that is the new location for the Hotel de Glass I think that is great. It was always an enjoyable drive out to Charlesbourg.

whitestone, ny
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Hotel de Glace

Hi travelrrr,

I only found this article in french. Nothing in english but maybe you can read it ...

bonne journée!

whitestone, ny
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Hotel de Glace

OUps... think I am tired!

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…A9bec

thank God it is friday!

7. Re: Hotel de Glace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 09:47