We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

Hi. I am going to Montreal in late July with my husband and two boys (8 and 10). We are debating staying in old montreal or downtown.

Any hotel suggestions? We want to stay around $200-250/night.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,210 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

WIthout looking at prices here are ones my kids and I like.

Embassy Suites, by the old port, no pool, lovely suites.

Le Square Philips, big suites, walking to old port and downtown, great rooftop pool.

Both the above have full breakfasts, Embassy also has a managers reception in the evening.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
94 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

My boys (8 & 14) really like Le Centre Sheraton for the super pool. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. Usually we grab a big bag of croissants along with fresh squeezed OJ from Au Pain Dore which is nearby for breakfast.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,957 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

I second for Le Square Philips.

Another possibility that is in a more francophone district but close to everything and with a métro (subway) station right underneath: Hotel de l'Institut. It is the application hotel of our cooking/hospitality school. www.ithq.qc.ca/hotel/ . Some rooms have balconies. Late July if you ask for a room with balcony facing the south side you might even have your private box for the International Fireworks Festival (either Wed or Sat). Use the room radio and you will get the music too. Just ask the concierge for the room with the best view and the channel for the music. Oh and there is a very good breakfast included but no swimming pool.

By the way Prince William and spouse Kate took a cooking course and dined there on their visit to Canada last summer.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

I agree totally with Hotel de L'Institut ..... fab place, fab food, even fab-ber people...

5. Re: Hotel recommendation for 3 days in Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:45