We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just the cities?

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Just the cities?

Hi Everyone,

I posted earlier about a Marriott in Westmount and thanks for all the replies. My 76 year old mother and I are taking a trip to Quebec August 11-18. We are dropping off my son in Laval on the 12th and need to pick him up on the 17th. I was originally thinking we'd do 3 days in Montreal and 3 in Quebec City, but have been reading about the Eastern Townships and Charlevoix and whale watching. My brain is exploding! So, my questions are:

1. Should we just stick to the cities?

2. Should we try to work in the countryside?

3. Eastern Townships or Charlevoix?

My mom is in great shape and very flexible about our itinerary. I've asked her what she wants to do but she is leaving it up to me. I love food, nature, speaking French, history, almost anything about travel.Thanks for any suggestions.

-Debbie

4 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
1. Re: Just the cities?

Charlevoix over eastern townships in the summer.

As for sticking to cities. Know that we generally recommend 4 days in Montreal and 2-3 In Quebec City.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,935 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Just the cities?

It is best to have a car to explore the Charlevoix area and go whale watching so unless you rent a car best to stay in the cities.

If you did get a car you could drive Montreal to Magog to Quebec City etc... https://goo.gl/maps/e95SsDEeH952

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Just the cities?

Pick one thing that's a *must* or a bucket list item, and focus on that. You won't have time to do very much, so focus on one thing and don't dilute it.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Just the cities?

I would do a few nights in Montreal, a few nights in Quebec City, and a few nights in Charlevoix. Charlevoix is more spectacular as far as scenery. The Eastern Townships are more about bicycling and wineries. Definitely don't miss Quebec City.

Reply to: Just the cities?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted