We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Foliage in PEI?

Brampton
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fall Foliage in PEI?

We are visiting PEI around October 14th for about 4 days. Will the foliage be past peak by then?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
458 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

Hard to say. This week I've noticed a hint of colour on the trees so it is beginning. By Oct 14 there should still be plenty of leaves left on the trees as long as we don't have a big wind.

Brampton
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

Thank you for your response.

I am so looking forward to our first trip to the Maritimes. Leaving on September 30.

We are travelling by car from Toronto through VT, NH, ME, New Brunswick to Nova Scotia , PEI and back. We have not picked a return route as yet.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

Hi RioTravel,

Welcome to the PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND TRAVEL FORUM

And I see you are NEW to the TA FORUMS... so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

<< We are travelling by car from Toronto through VT, NH, ME, New Brunswick to Nova Scotia , PEI and back. We have not picked a return route as yet. >>

Most Travellers making the trek to and from Quebec or Ontario go the Canadian Route (the TransCanada) one way and the US Route the other.

With your dates... I'd say IF you were to consider this... that you'd want to GO via Quebec City and the more Northern Route (so as to catch any leaves) and come back via the more Southern Route.

The Leaves in the Quebec City Region et al... usually PEEKS late September... and the US peaks during October.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

4. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2011, 18:30
Brampton
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

Thank you.

We are in Cape Breton now and the leaves are close to peak in some areas. The Cabot Trail was very scenic and the colours were wonderful.

We will be in PEI in two days and are looking forward to touring across the island. Looks like we have timed it right. I hope the weather cooperates.

Regards, Rio

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

TO 669STARBUCK,

Welcome to the PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND TRAVEL FORUM

And I see that you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

As a New User… you should be aware of the FORUMS POSTING GUIDELINES… and in particular how TripAdvisor is NOT A FORUM for Advertising to Travellers…

Travellers do not come to these FORUMS to be sold to… they come here for peer-to-peer Travel Advice.

For more info, you need to read thru the FORUMS POSTING GUIDELINES and in particular the section on SELF-PROMOTION / ADVERTISING / SOLICITING and SPAM (continual advertising)…

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_are_the_guidelines_…

As a Business Owner you postings today in the PEI FORUMS are in direct contravention of these GUIDELINES and have as such have been reported as INAPPROPRIATE.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Just so you know continually posting advertising info can backfire against you... as many TA Members will go out of their way to NOT give any business to FORUM SPAMMERS... thought you'd appreciate knowing this... as it could effect your future bookings.

7. Re: Fall Foliage in PEI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward Island