We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cottage resort

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cottage resort

Hi. Our family of 4 is going to PEI for the first time this summer. I like the idea of staying in a cottage resort with a pool for the kids.

The 3 that I have checked out are Kindred Spirits, Swept Away and Anne's Windy Poplars. We would like a 2 bedroom place that is updated, with a bbq, deck, etc. and these 3 fit the bill.

Any comments about these places would be greatly appreciated, or any suggestions about other places that I may have overlooked. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Anne's Windy Poplars
Anne's Windy Poplars
200 Reviews
Cavendish, Canada
Clark's Sunny Isle Motel
Clark's Sunny Isle Motel
#1 of 14 hotels in Summerside
The Great George
The Great George
#1 of 24 hotels in Charlottetown
Cairns Motel
Cairns Motel
#2 of 14 hotels in Summerside
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cottage resort

read the post called "just got back from PEI, it's amazing". They stayed at Kindred Spirits and there is a discussion about the place

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,312 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cottage resort

Also, check the review section of TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g155022-c3-Prince_Edwa…

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,312 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cottage resort

That was the link for the "specialty lodging" section (where cottages are), but Kindred Spirits is under "hotels", here:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g155022-c2-Prince_Edwa…

Hope this helps.

Wyncote
Level Contributor
78 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cottage resort

We have stayed at the Kindred Sprits, most recently in 2007, and we love it there. Our family of 5 stayed at a 2 bedroom cottage and they have everything you are looking for and more. I can't say enough good things about the quality of the cabins, the beautiful grounds and the terrific staff. We will be staying there July 2010 - maybe we'll see you there!

5. Re: Looking for cottage resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2010, 10:03
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward Island