We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pei vs. ns terrain and roads(we can fly nonrev into either)

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
43 posts
pei vs. ns terrain and roads(we can fly nonrev into either)

In comparision to a loop from halifax to yarmouth, is pei more or less mountainous and what about the sheer dropoffs to the sea. Im travelling with my florida girl(we are in our mid 40s) and she would not cross the cascades from portland, oregon to the pacific coast. Although we have been to seattle, san juan islands and victoria, bc. I dont want her taking zanax the whole time as flying is sometimes a challenge for her w/o wine. About a 6-7 day trip on about 16 may. Considering either pei or ns. Thanks for any info on festivals, car shows, etc.

here
7 posts
1. Re: pei vs. ns terrain and roads(we can fly nonrev into either)

PEI is hilly in places, mostly gentle rolling hills, but I can't think of any roads that have sheer drop offs on the side, if that is the concern.

There is an annual car show in Rustico (I think) in early July. You can get information on festivals and events in PEI and NS from these official tourism web sites:

http://www.tourismpei.com

http://novascotia.com

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: pei vs. ns terrain and roads(we can fly nonrev into either)

Hi Bud8jr,

In general PEI is very gently rolling hills and countryside... the primary industry in PEI besides Tourism is Farming (so you can picture the terrain). Although there are parts of the Island shoreline that have cliffs and dunes... they are not a prominent part of the landmass.

If you go to Nova Scotia, you may want to avoid the Cabot Trail in Cape Bretton (sadly) although the area is very scenic, and culturally unique, the road does skirt along the sea shore, cliffs etc... and lots of people have a problem with that.

I take it your GF is afraid of heights (as is my partner) so you might want to also think about how it is you will get on and off of PEI... The Ferry crossing doesn't bother him, but Confederation Bridge would... mostly because it isn't totally flat (whereas the Overseas Highway thru the Keys didn't bother him at all).

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

3. Re: pei vs. ns terrain and roads(we can fly nonrev into either)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 11:58
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward Island