We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scarborough Bluffs question

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Scarborough Bluffs question

Hey all, I'm looking to visit Scarborough Bluffs when I visit Toronto, and I keep seeing all of these awesome pictures from up above. An example of what I'm talking about is …tripadvisor.com/media/…view-from-above.jpg Does anyone have any directions on how to get to a viewpoint like this? Is this in Bluffers Park, or accessible from Bluffers Park? Thanks for any directions or help!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
1. Re: Scarborough Bluffs question

Your link doesn't work, which makes it hard to answer your specific question.

The new Tilt feature in Google Maps (near the bottom right of the screen, when you're in Earth view) works fairly well on the east end of the Bluffs and may give you a better idea of what views to expect where.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Scarborough Bluffs question

The link that you posted is not working, but I can tell you that the view from above the park, looking down, is from the residential area that is above the park. Yes, you can easily access that view point.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Scarborough Bluffs question

The link worked for us earlier this afternoon. Having looked at Google Earth, we'd say the shot in the link was taken from the headland in the park at the end of Cecil Crescent.

You will really need to have a car to be able to get to this area with relative ease, especially if you will be exploring the top of the bluffs.

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: Scarborough Bluffs question

Ok, thanks a lot guys. I looked at it myself on Google Maps a few times, and It looked like it was in a residential area, which is why I was unsure about it. It seems its OK to park on the street there, on Cecil Crescent or Undercliff Dr... I didn't see any signs for the park at first, but after looking around in a few different spots I saw them towards the end of Undercliff Dr... I just didn't want to be walking around on private property or something of the sorts, since it is in a residential area. Thanks again!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Scarborough Bluffs question

One word of advice, be careful when you go to the edge. Every year one or two gets careless and takes a tumble down the bluffs. I am sure you do not want to be in that statistics!

6. Re: Scarborough Bluffs question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 09:46