We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

Hi there,

We will be arriving on a flight from Australia (via HK) with a young child. Our itinerary says we arrive at Terminal 3 at 8:20pm. Anyone who's travelled with kids knows it's important to scope out food stops after 25 hours travelling! Is there a Tim Horton's or something quick and easy after we clear customs before we grab our airport limo ride? We've got an hour drive to our final destination so just want to make sure the little one is fed and (hopefully) less grumpy!

Thanks in advance!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,487 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

Here's a link to the Pearson website, set for restaurants/snacks. It will depend on which terminal you're arriving in - most Tim Horton's are 24 hours.

torontopearson.com/en/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
800 reviews
2. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

OP is arriving at T3..

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,487 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

ooops ... first coffee of the am just kicking in now...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
4. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

In T3, Tim Hortons and Subway are open 24 hours and Swiss Chalet is open until 10:30 pm.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

Thanks. I did check out the airport map online earlier but couldn't see if it was available after we got through customs etc. It's been ages since I've been "home" to ON. Timmies will fit the bill perfectly. Thanks very much for your time and help!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

I know the Swiss Chalet is OUTSIDE of customs. I believe you will not be able to access anything until after you clear customs, but I am certain there is a Tims outside of security, and most likely right near where you come out.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 23:09
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

If you can wait until you get into your limo, there is Zet's which is just across from the airport, on Airport Rd. They are open 24 hours, large portions, made quickly, really good food (especially the Greek food). Lots of healthy, non-fried options as well. By far a better option than Timmies or Swiss Chalet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
8. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

The Tim Hortons is actually the exact opposite of "right near where you come out" -- it's one floor up and at the other end of the terminal -- but it's all of a five-minute walk, so easily doable if that's what you're looking for.

You'll find it across from the check-in desks for US-bound flights, on the departures level.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

I just checked the on-line map, there is something called Cafe and Bar right close to where you will come out. This may help especially as I expect you will be very tired coming of such a long flight.

The Subway is further down the terminal closer to the Canadian luggage return.

10. Re: Arriving at YYZ - Food available at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 09:47