We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

Dublin
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

Looking at booking a town car for our transfer to the city. Two adults and two kids. Going right to Bloor and Avenue. Has anyone had personal experience or recommendations that they have used? I know there are a lot of companies listed elsewhere here but having difficulty in deciding. Been burned a bit before by shoddy service from other airports. Many thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

You don't need to book a limo in advance, Jut go to the taxi line outside the Arrivals Level and you can get one. Discuss the price before you leave the airport.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 06:14
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

There are all kinds of services outside the airport terminals. As long as you select a 'legal' taxi, the rates are fixed into downtown. The Bloor Street and Avenue Road corner are in Midtown, but it's still a fixed rate.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
3. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

By a "legal" taxi, Travels1940 means to go to the signed taxi or limo queue and take the next available car, ignoring anyone who approaches you in the airport. And I totally agree, this is the easiest way to take a taxi or limo from the airport; it's very rare to have to wait long.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,021 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

And just as an FYI, "taxis" at Pearson are town cars or mini-vans ... they are not the ubiquitous yellow street taxis. Fixed rate info can be found here on Pearson's website:

www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/ground/##

Dublin
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

Thanks for that. Seems that pre booking isn't necessary or common. However, we will require two car seats and don't particularly want to bring our own. Enough to carry. Will the limos have access to these if I don't pre book ?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

Another option, which I've been doing a lot of lately, is renting a car for the day and dropping it off downtown. With the high cost of taxis, it is often about the same cost, plus you have a vehicle for the day as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

OK, if you want car seats for your little ones, you will have to pre-book.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

http://www.aeroporttaxi.com/

I've used this service a couple of times and they have been reliable.

9. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 02:33
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,467 posts
103 reviews
10. Re: Yyz car service/taxi/limo experiences.

Hi Moody;

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation, and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

Best Regards