We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transportation Advice Please

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
710 posts
271 reviews
Public Transportation Advice Please

Hello fellow travelers and location experts,

I have researched this topic on the forum and would like to verify my understanding. We are 2 people (age 62) arriving on the Saturday before Labor Day and will be returning on the Friday following Labor Day 2014. It appears that the most economical & efficient way for us to get from Pearson (arrive in Terminal 3) to the Intercontinental on Bloor Street West is to take the Red Rocket 192 to the Kipling Station and then go east to the stop near the hotel via the subway (have viewed a map) . Am I right in concluding that we'd have to pay exact change for the bus and then transfer to the subway at the Kipling Station where we could buy a weekly pass for the buses, streetcars, and subways.? It appears that we are not able to purchase a week pass in the airport---if I have interpreted my search results correctly. We would use the weekly pass to go back to Pearson after our holiday. We use public transportation extensively in our travels. Thank you for your advice and have a nice weekend. 1NCFoodie

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
710 posts
271 reviews
1. Re: Public Transportation Advice Please

Tried to update but unable due to time. Is the family unlimited pass for Saturday sold at the airport? We'd buy the weekly pass on Sunday for use Sunday through Friday (the end of our holiday. Sorry to be confusing----thought I had the post down clearly and realized my error and edit time ran out. Regards, 1NCF

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2. Re: Public Transportation Advice Please

You've almost got it.

Once you board the 192 Airport Rocket (paying exactly $6 for the two of you), you don't have to pay again for the rest of that trip. Just take the subway to St. George station and your hotel is a block away.

Or, you can try to buy a Day Pass at the Currency Exchange booth in the arrivals area of the airport -- they have sold them in the past. (Note that the Day Pass and the "Family Pass" are the same thing. Only difference is that on the weekend, two adults can share one pass between them.)

As for the weekly pass, it is only sold for Monday-Sunday periods (i.e. you can't buy it for the 7 days of your choice). So, if you think it'll be worth buying for Monday-Friday of your visit, you could buy it at any subway station at your convenience after you arrive.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
710 posts
271 reviews
3. Re: Public Transportation Advice Please

Thanks so much----sounds like 2 daily passes (one for Sat. & one for Sun is the way to go thus taking advantage of the savings for the 2 for one travel). is the way to go. Cheers! 1NCF

Edited: 15 June 2014, 01:41
4. Re: Public Transportation Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 10:47