We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for my honeymoon?

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
18 posts
Where to go for my honeymoon?

Hello everyone.

I'll be getting married on november 6 next year, i've already booked a western caribean cruise but im planing to spent at least 3-4 more days after the cruise somewhere. I've been thinking about San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto/Niagara falls, Las Vegas/Grand Canyon or even Seattle/Vancouver... What would you recomend us as far as weather, romance, dining, hotels, price, etc goes? Thanks in advance...

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
107 reviews
11. Re: Where to go for my honeymoon?

FM, I hear from reliable sources that Greece is not so great in November - even Santorini. I know people who spend their summers in Greece and winters in Montreal - that should tell you something.

Bali, on the other hand, is a totally different story.

Toronto
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
12. Re: Where to go for my honeymoon?

I would definetely NOT recommend Toronto... sure, you could walk around downtown Toronto, but a day in Toronto is more than enough. Surely there's some entertainment and museums... but your other options sound much better.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
13. Re: Where to go for my honeymoon?

Hi Everyone,

LOL, after being the first one to reply to this topic, I've been following along reading all the great replies with interest... but I gotta say:

Am I the only one here who has ever been a Bride?

It may be a long long time ago, but I remember it well. Months of planning, a crazy week of prep fussing and sweating over details, a beautiful wedding day that never seemed to end (literally I was awake close to 24 hours) and then sure a romantic honeymoon... but even it was hectic... we went away for a week, and did all the touristy things in our chosen destination cramming in all we could... afterall it was an expensive once-in-a-lifetime, whenever will we get back here again type of thing.

I was happy to get back to my mundane office job... but even then there was more work ahead... gifts to open, and find places for (lots of household rearranging) and then a mountain of thank you notes to write.

Trust me the last thing any Bride wants is to jet off for a quckie holiday as an add-on for just a couple of days (and a lot of it will be spent in transit).

What every Bride wants is a serious nap (or a day at the spa).

Like I said earlier if you can afford to add-on a couple of days, why over do it... it will mean a lot more to escape on a romantic interlude for a 6 month or a year anniversary... trust me, after you've been married 10 years and have toddlers & diapers and a mountain of bills, you will so crave these adult getaways, that even a night without the kids will be a treasure.

It took years to figure it out... but ya gotta pace yourself when it comes to down time... don't cram it all into a one week annual vacation, make sure you get regular mini-holidays, it will recharge your batteries as individuals, and enrich your marriage.

Advice from a Bride, circa 1980

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
14. Re: Where to go for my honeymoon?

I agree with an earlier poster...Quebec City! One of the most romantic cities in the world. Spectacular. Great restaurants too!

15. Re: Where to go for my honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 09:46