We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

3 posts
Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Anyone been to the Toronto Ribfest last year? Is it any good and are vip tickets worth it? Planning to go on a Saturday between noon -2 or 2-4pm with 2 young kids!

Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Don't think I'd bother with VIP tickets. These events happen all over Ontario and are a popular fundraiser usually run by Rotary Clubs. Numerous stands will be around, selling things like ribs, pulled pork, brisket, baked beans, corn, and various other carnival type treats. The prices are the same amongst all the vendors so go where the big lines to get the best though they're usually all good.

3 posts
2. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Thanks Nick, but I want to avoid the long line ups as I have 2 impatient kids! Does the vip help a lot on the line ups? Don’t want to be standing for an hour under hot sun!

Thank you

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

I thought standing in line was like part of going to a ribfest. The lines do move, I don't think you be standing in line for an hour, maybe 20--30 mins. They also sell stuff like corn on the cob and those lines can be 5 mins or less. Get that first for the kids to eat and maybe it slow them down.

I would bring some bottle water or you have to go to another line for drinks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

No, lines are the same all around.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
241 reviews
5. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Remember to bring a few bucks for donations to Rotary and Rotaract it is all for a good cause.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
365 reviews
6. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

I am from Edmonton and planning to attend the RibFest and the Canada Day firework on Sunday July 1. Any good tips in regard to parking at the Centennial Park, any parking fee, where to park, which street or road? Is there a subway station within walking distance to the RibFest site? Do most vendors accept VISA, or I need to bring cash? Is there an entrance fee? Appreciate your tips and assistance. Is there a time to go in the afternoon or evening where there is a smaller crowd?

2 posts
7. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Hey, with the VIP tickets there are no lineups. You sit in a shaded area and the food comes to you. Visit: https://torontoribfest.com/

Edited: 28 June 2018, 02:49
2 posts
8. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Parking is free in the main parking lot and there will be traffic attendants helping....but it gets busy during peak hours.

TTC FROM TORONTO:

Take the subway to Royal York Station

Take the 48 Rathburn bus to Renforth

Exit the bus at Elmcrest and Rathburn

Walk north up to the park

I would bring cash. Some do and some don't.

No entrance fee but they are asking for a small donation at the gate that you can do or not...all proceeds go to local charities. Canada day is the busiest day so it will be packed the whole time. There are fireworks at 10pm as well.

More info: https://torontoribfest.com/

Edited: 28 June 2018, 02:54
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,672 posts
146 reviews
9. Re: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)

Unless things have changed recently, none of the vendors normally take cards, it's a cash only thing.

Reply to: Toronto Ribfest (at centennial park)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted