We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatineau Park for fall colour

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Gatineau Park for fall colour

After I saw a post here that couple of members recommended to go to enjoy fall colour at Gatineau Park instead of Algonquin Provicial Park. We decided to go to Gatineau Park for foliage colour this fall instead of my usual Algonquin PP yearly trip since 2007. However I have been searching on line for a map that I can printout of the park with trails details and could not find one. Perhaps somebody can direct me to this. What I am looking for is a trail map with a little details such as length, duration and degree of difficulty would be great.

So far I am planning to go to King Mountain and Pink Lake trail. We are going to spend 2 full days in the park. Where else would you recomend trails and lookouts that we should go ?

Thanks.

10 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,105 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

Isn’t Gatineau Park in Quebec?

You might post in that forum.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,842 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

It's in Quebec .. but right across the river from Ottawa and administered by the NCC - so this forum is appropriate.

ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places-to-visit/gatineau-park

Gaspesie Region...
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

Sunset at Champlain lookout.

Here are the details https:/…gatineau-park

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
141 reviews
4. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

Another place to consider is Wakefield for lunch.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
5. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

The NCC publishes a trail map every couple of years or so. The 2017 summer map is available online here.

https:/…

You can usually buy paper maps at the Visitor Centre or some locations in Ottawa such as World of Maps.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
6. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

Thank you all for the replies.

Andrew, is it possible to buy the map from NCC somewhere ? This is the exact map I am looking for. I downloaded the map and it is way too small to read if I print them out in 8x11 paper. Unless I use photoshop to split into a lot of sheets and paste them together.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
426 posts
7. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

Andrew, is it possible to buy the map from NCC somewhere ?

I gave two sources in my post.

>>>You can usually buy paper maps at the Visitor Centre or some locations in Ottawa such as World of Maps.

The Gatineau park visitor centre at 33 Scott rd in Chelsea should have it unless they are sold out.

The World of Maps website only has an old map from 2008 which should still be good.

http://www.worldofmaps.com/product/122.html

I would call the Gatineau park visitor centre to see if they have any 2017 maps for sale. If they are sold out you could get the 2008 one from World of Maps.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
8. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

Thank you Andrew. I checked the World of Map, they are in US$, wondering why. I couldn't find the shipping cost and in addition it is an old edition, so I am just going to print it out myself. I was surprised that I can print this out in 'poster' form, 24-8x11 pages without using the Photoshop. It is not perfect but it will do.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,842 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

When I click on Andrew M's link, it takes me to World of Maps Canada site, with pricing in CAD. Did you click on the currency tab at top of page to show Canada?

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
10. Re: Gatineau Park for fall colour

My bad. I should have seen the 'currency' icon. Somehow when I clicked on Andrew's link and it got me to US site. Will order it if the printout does not works. One thing I don't like about the site is I cannot find out the shipping fee unless I fill out all my infos.

Reply to: Gatineau Park for fall colour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted