We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Laurier

Dartmouth, Canada
1 post
Chateau Laurier

Will the 97 bus get me to the Chateau Laurier from the Ottawa airport?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Chateau Laurier

No, not right there, but pretty close. It will get you to the Rideau Centre, a large mall, which you can walk all the way through. That will bring you out onto Rideau Street at the intersection of Colonel By Drive. Then it's a short walk to the Chateau. This will be fine if you're not hauling a lot of luggage and you don't mind a ten-minute or so walk.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Chateau Laurier

Exactly, bus 97 will bring you to downtown Ottawa. The only thing different from previous poster is that i would use Albert / Meltcalfe stop insted of Mackenzie King station (Rideau Center). The walk is a bit shorter and the station less busy then Mackenzie King

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Chateau Laurier

Thransitquebec, I did consider suggesting The Albert and Metcalfe stop, the one after the Rideau Centre. From that stop, however, the walk to the Chateau would be mostly uphill, and on a sidewalk with ups and downs. The route through the Rideau Centre is on a level mall floor (granted with a staircase to go down to get to the Rideau St exit from the mall). And if the weather is not fine, most of the walk would be indoors.

But the main message is yes, the #97 will get the OP pretty close to the Chateau.

4. Re: Chateau Laurier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2018, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa