We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

London, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
7 reviews
Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

The GO/Via options for travelling from the international airport to Oakville seem to be very expensive and long winded. Is there a direct train or bus from the airport? We're staying at the Holiday Inn very close to the GO station in Oakville, which I booked thinking public transport would be an easy option.

Would it be easier better to just book a transfer with a taxi company? That seems to be about $50.

Am I just being unrealistic about how much travel costs are in Canada?

20 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
11. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

Taxis and Limos are permitted to use the high occupancy lane on the 403 so you won't be affected as much by rush hour.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 20:09
12. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 18:35

Amersham, United...
10 posts
13. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

What is th GO train fare from Oakville to downtown Toronto and whether as a senior (am 75) I am eligible for senior's fare although I am only a visitor and not a residency of Canada.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,561 posts
103 reviews
14. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

Hi Senior1969;

Proper forum netiquette is not to change the topic of a thread, as it makes the replies to the original topic hard to follow. Also, the original poster may have opted to receive email notifications when replies are posted, telling them to check "their" topic for replies.

Please go back to this forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own question, and receive replies to it.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
15. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

From gotransit.com/public/en/docs/Tariff_EN.pdf :

"6.3 - Senior Citizens need not be residents of Canada.

6.4 - Senior Citizens may be asked by a Proper Authority to show proof of age, and therefore must carry reasonable proof of age identification at all times while travelling on the GO Transit system in order for their ticket to be valid."

From Oakville GO station to Toronto Union Station, the senior's fare is $3.65 (or $7.30 for a "Day Pass", if you're going to be making a round-trip).

Amersham, United...
10 posts
16. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

Sorry - being new to the Forum I did not realise my mistake. Wont happen again!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
17. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

Getting from Pearson to the Oakville GO Station is actually quite easy but it will take double the time of a taxi- you leave the airport on the bus to the Square One GO Station and then transfer to a bus that will take you to the Oakville GO Station which is near the Holiday Inn on Argus Road

Bridgewater, Nova...
1 post
1 review
18. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

HI

I read your reply re shuttle services I am looking for the cheapest way to go from Pearson to Milton. Taxis are between 70-85 is there an alternate serve

1 post
1 review
19. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

I feel your pain....Wish I had an answer from you. I'm Canadian and want to leave from my GF's place in Oakville and I'm finding the same challenges.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,561 posts
103 reviews
20. Re: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville

Hi 898andreh;

Rather than resurrect an old post (2013 & 2015), proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster who sometimes has also opted to receive email notifications when replies are posted to "their" topic.

Best Regards

Reply to: Travel options Pearson airport to Oakville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oakville