We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Luxurious?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Most Luxurious?

Our last trip to NOTL was 9 years ago. We stayed at the Prince of Wales and had a lovely time.

We're planning a return visit next month, and wondering if the Prince of Wales is still the best choice in town. We liked its atmosphere, the panelled bar, the terrific restaurant, and the very nice pool & spa.

Is there any place new we should consider? Or is this still the best bet for luxurious accommodations and good service?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Most Luxurious?

The Prince of Wales is one of the nicest places to stay in NOTL. But if you're looking for something different I can think of a few that are just as nice.

First there is the Pillar and Post, followed by Queen's Landing and finally The Oban Inn. All of these are nice and you can check them out online. You can't go wrong with any of these I'd think. Good luck.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
156 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Most Luxurious?

The Prince of Wales is still the most beautiful place to stay in Niagara on the Lake. Can't beat it!!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
3. Re: Most Luxurious?

I figured as much. Just booked it! Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Most Luxurious?

mykel67..........................I see you've already booked PoW...great place....I've stayed PoW,Oban Inn and most recently Pillar and Post and it's my favorite of the 3.......................our room was very luxurious, and the bed was ultra comfortable..............food was great as well...............

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Most Luxurious?

Is it true that most of these places are all owned by the same person? I remember reading about it years ago.

lynn in Rochester, NY

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Most Luxurious?

rochesterwoman: I recall reading the same thing, and yeah it was years ago............................but I don't know anything more.........be interesting to find out though!...........................

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
156 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Most Luxurious?

Prince of Wales, Queens Landing, Pillar & Post, Moffat Inn, Millcroft and Crush, are all owned by one man. They are one company under the name Vintage Hotels

www.vintage-hotels.com

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Most Luxurious?

Thanks carolmon: I have just noticed that a pen I have from a stay at Queen's Landing has the Vintage Hotels logo on it..........I was under the impression that the owner was a woman.................maybe that was a long time ago...........................

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
156 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Most Luxurious?

It is actually her brother that owns them. She owns The Oban Inn and Shaw cafe in Niagara ont he Lake. She hasnt been with the Vintage Hotels for about 8 years or so.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Most Luxurious?

Thanks again carolmon............

Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake
Recent Conversations