We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

michigan
Level Contributor
146 posts
Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

I pretty much have my route planned for our NOTL day but am going back and forth with the ones above. Any of these 3 stand out to you? I would pick Colaneri if it didn't seem so far out. (i'm a sucker for a good Syrah) I know my schedule is a bit aggressive but if I can keep the group moving i've done multiple wine days with family hitting 10-12 so I'm hoping 8 with a possible 9th thrown it at the end is doable. Will I be causing the group to miss out by skipping the bigger names? I hit them my last trip. Jackson Triggs, Pellar, Pillitteri, and Stratus)

To give an idea of the ones I am planning on hitting:

The Hare

Gretzky (my must)

Trius

Caroline (also doing lunch here)

2 sisters

Big Head (my other must)

Konzelmann (this is the only one on my list i've been too and wasn't my top wine but we had such a fantastic tasting experience last time and I remember the veiws being good)

Small Talk (my 9th stop if we have time to hit)

Thanks so much for any insight or help!

Edited: 17 September 2018, 20:36
6 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
10,348 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

The only thing that you miss out on by not hitting Jackson or Pellar is bad wine.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,842 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

Not sure why you would think Colaneri is "so far out" ... it's all of 10 minutes drive from Small Talk, 5 from ravine.

michigan
Level Contributor
146 posts
3. Re: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

I didn't realize Ravine was so close to Colaneri. Let me ask this would you prefer Small Talk/Konzelmann or Ravine/Colaneri. Route/timing wise I think it would be best to hit 2 close together as opposed to trying to hit say Konzelmann and Colaneri.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,842 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

We don't like Konzelmann wines so don't go there. We do like Ravine. Not familiar with Colaneri so can't comment.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

I would definitely pick Ravine and Colaneri. Although we enjoy quite a variety of Ontario wines, we really enjoy several wines from Colonari.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine

Small Talk has a really fun vibe.

I can’t comment on their wines, but they have a great selection of ciders, if anyone in your group is getting sick of wine by that point, or wants to try something different.

Reply to: Small Talk vs Laily vs Ravine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake