We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good hotdog

Willowick
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
A good hotdog

Hi Folks,

OK this may sound goofy but we were wondering are there any really good hot dog joints in the Clifton Hill area around all the touristy attractions???? Simple works. I mean we are talking about hotdogs! I seem to recall seeing something one time on the "food network" or something like that. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Geo of BarbGeo

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,983 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: A good hotdog

Hi Geo.......................the answer is Yes!.........there is a great Hot Dog place, nestled right in between the Fudge Factory and Boston Pizza, right on Clifton Hill......the address of the Fudge Factory is 4848 Clifton Hill, don't remember the name of the hot dog place, but remember they sell tasty all-beef dogs and also nice soft-pretzels.......

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
800 reviews
2. Re: A good hotdog

Hot Dog joints are not as plentiful up in Canada, there's not that American fascination with the Coney Dog or anything like that.....that said, I am intrigued to try eden7's suggestion!

Willowick
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: A good hotdog

thanks so much...looking forward to trying out a dog or two. I figured there was something along those lines there. thanks again

Geo of BarbGeo

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,983 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: A good hotdog

You're welcome.......enjoy!

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: A good hotdog

Harvey's Restaurant; a Canadian burger chain does a wonderful char broiled dog and offer loads of free toppings. I'd go there for a hot dog. Two locations; Lundy's Lane and Montrose Road.

Right in Queen Victoria Park at several points, there are hot dog carts offering kosher dogs.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 05:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
6. Re: A good hotdog

From the sign seen in Google Streetview, the name of Eden's hot dog place at 4950 Clifton Hill is...

(Drum roll...)

"Charbroiled Hot Dogs"

Clever!

Edited: 20 May 2014, 05:55
NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: A good hotdog

Where Antica Wood Oven Pizza is on Victoria Avenue is now used to be Coney Island and they had excellent foot longs. Only 20 years too late.

8. Re: A good hotdog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 09:52