We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with 2 night with kids

NYC
Level Contributor
115 posts
28 reviews
Help with 2 night with kids

Hi- I'm trying to maximize my time while we are here. Looking for a bit of advice. We'll be driving up on Friday June 29th and staying at Marriott on the Falls for 2 nights. We'll arrive around 2 pm. I'll have 3 energetic kids ages 5,8, 10.

After reading a lot on the forums here- we were planning to do Maid of the Mist, Cave of Winds, and either Whirlpool Aero Car OR Sky Wheel (if all that isn't overkill :)

I'd like to do a quick trip to Niagra on the Lake- walk around downtown for a bit, visit Ice House, possibly do a wagon winery tour at Small Talk Winery. Any other recommended family friendly wineries if we have time?

For the Niagra Falls portion- it is a holiday weekend in Canada and I'm worried about lines.

1. Which should I plan to do first thing on 6/30- which would usually have the longest lines? I thought we'd try to do MofM on the way in and come back and do Cave of Winds 6/30- then do Aero Car or Skywheel and head to Niagra on the lake for the afternoon. If we are behind, we can do one activity on the way out on 7/1.

2 I was looking at Keg Restaurant, Elements and Queen Victoria Restaurant. Although I love great food, I would really like the best fallsview- which is most recommended. My kids are pretty good with foods.

3. Any recommendations for Niagra on the Lake dinner or should we come back for another fallsview restaurant?

4. Would I want to watch fireworks from the restaurant (should I book a late dinner) or am I better of somewhere else? Where is a good spot to watch the fireworks?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

6 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Help with 2 night with kids

You are staying on the Canadian side of Niagara ( note spelling) Falls and cite the Whirlpool Aerocar as well as the Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds which are on the U.S side.

If you are just staying on the Canadian side you will take the Hornblower cruise .

You are correct it will be busy on the holiday weekend and I would start with the Hornblower cruise first and then proceed to the other sites such as Butterfly Conservatory etc as well as Niagara on the Lake

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
10,176 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Help with 2 night with kids

Correct spelling is Niagara.

1. You do realize that Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds are on the U.S. side? Hornblower Cruise is the same trip as MOTM from the Canadian side, and there is also Journey Behind the Falls on this side. Aerocar is not at the Falls, but a few kilometers downriver, Skywheel is close to Hornblower, on Clifton Hill. How are you planning to get around?

2. Keg or Elements have the best views, but make a reservation as soon as you decide.

4. Fireworks aren't until 10pm, so that would be a late dinner. I'd much rather be out in the open to watch. Anywhere that you can see the Falls is good for watching fireworks.

3. Re: Help with 2 night with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 May 2018, 05:59
Edited: 04 May 2018, 05:59

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Help with 2 night with kids

This will be a very busy weekend so you might want to do the most popular attraction first which I assume is the boat ride.

To answer number 4, I have always enjoyed the fireworks right from the falls. There is no need to book a restaurant as the atmosphere is nice to watch with other families outside.

As for dinner in NOTL, they have a lot of different restaurants which are nice in their own way. I personally like NOTL better than NF.

Have fun!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Help with 2 night with kids

My kids loved Skywheel, Journey, Aero car and Hornblower during the day.. Loved Jetboat out of NOtl. Be aware NOTL is very busy!

Evening meal ..for Skywheel you will be up the hill..tons of restaurants up there. Nearby are others

NYC
Level Contributor
115 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Help with 2 night with kids

Apologies on the spelling! I am aware of Maid of Mist and Cave of Winds are on the US side- I thought we might hit one on the way in. I had read reviews MoM were smaller boats and Cave of WInds brought you closer than Journey. We will be driving in so we'll have a car. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply to: Help with 2 night with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted