We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plan my vacation

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
87 reviews
36 helpful votes
Plan my vacation
Save

I want to plan a vacation with my family in Canada. I will be travelling from Delhi, India. I want to tour for 15 days with Ottawa as base. I want suggestions on what time will be best suited for travel, which all places I can travel to in this time frame and what will be a good itinerary for this short trip. I want to keep the budget as low as possible. (what do you think the budget should be for me, my wife and a two year old infant). All suggestions welcome and for any more details please fel free to ask.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
853 reviews
576 helpful votes
1. Re: Plan my vacation
Save

Such a broad question, much more information is needed....interests? Museums?? Camping or city type of trip?? Any type of budget would be of help.....are you going to drive?? Want to do bus tours/public transportation??? The more information given, the better advice you will receive, I don't think anyone would want or be able to plan 15 days with such little info...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
87 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Plan my vacation
Save

As rightly suggested "by tdsuperstar" here is some more info:

- It will be our first visit to Canada

- Will use public transport, No driving

- Want to cover famous sites or cities & explore nature

- Donot require a hotel in Ottawa but will require decent hotels at other places

-Food- no issues, anything edible will do

- Open to travel in group if required

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
11,884 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Plan my vacation
Save

I suggest that you look at a good map, make some choices and do a rough itinerary and then come back and show us your ideas and then perhaps we can help you. There's no way that anyone can give you useful information without knowing how far you want to go. Does your budget allow for flying to the other side of Canada for instance? Do you want to stay in Ontario? I suggest that you have to do some work first, after all it's your vacation.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
35,327 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Plan my vacation
Save

I'm in agreement with Senior65's suggestion to create a rough itinerary.............I've found Travel Guides/Guide Books....ie Fodor's , DK Guides, Frommers, Lonely Planet and more to be a good jumping off point.......most of them will suggest daily, or 3-day or more itineraries for you in various cities...why not look at a few...choose Guides for Canada/and or Ontario, maybe Quebec .....Canada is an enormous country, with many geographical regions, and really can't be visited properly in 15 days...........you say you want to use Ottawa as a base, so I suggest you keep to the Eastern part of the country....Ontario and perhaps select parts of the province of Quebec....your budget will be based on how far you travel, and what you do..............come back to the forum when you have more to share, we'd be happy to help you refine your itinerary....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
853 reviews
576 helpful votes
5. Re: Plan my vacation
Save

A big part of this decision will be when you want to come to Canada, there are many festivals and events that may interest you, you may want to pick a month as well to get better feedback..

6. Re: Plan my vacation

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 10:46
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.