We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louisbourg Crabfest & Fortress Inn

Calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Louisbourg Crabfest & Fortress Inn

Planning to attend the 2011 Louisbourg Crabfest and stay at the Fortress Inn. The 3 reviews for the Inn weren't great, however, there will be 4-6 of us (mature adults) and I managed to get the only 2 bedroom suite in town. Is it that bad? Anyone been to the Crabfest?

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louisbourg Crabfest & Fortress Inn

Are you talking about the availability of 2 bedrooms or the crabfest. well, it is very hard to find 2 bedroom suites and as for the crabfest...it is very popular with the locals here if you like crab. I have only been to 1 crabfest in my 40 years but many other family members on both sides rave about the crab in louisbourg. many of them rather it then the lobster. It is a real treat they say.

Calgary
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louisbourg Crabfest & Fortress Inn

Thanks proudcaper. I guess I'm actually asking more about the Inn. Don't mind an older establishment as long as it is clean. I was born in Cape Breton and come from a very large family, therefore, I'm used to less than perfect...just don't want it to be a dump.

The Crabfest is as much about music and entertainment as it is about the Crab. Sounds like there is a lot of drinking and partying. We all like a good time, but not a drunken brawl.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 22:12
3. Re: Louisbourg Crabfest & Fortress Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:47
Get answers to your questions about Sydney