We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunromin Campground?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dunromin Campground?

My hubby and I were thinking about taking our kids (5 & 11) to Dunromin Campground this coming weekend, but the posts I'm reading on here about the campground are less than glamorous! I notice they're all quite dated though, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experiences there? Either last year or even this year would be great!

Thanks!

32 replies to this topic
Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Hi,

I have gone here twice this summer and it is an awesome place. I tend to be a little "high maintenance" and we all enjoyed camping here, especially myself and my 13yr old daughter. It has a rustic charm with large sites that have water view and mountain view. It is located near a town called Annapolis Royal which is a charming town where a huge market is held every Saturday during the summer. There are hiking trailes near by and 2 great amusment parks. One is walking distance with go karts, nice mni golf and many more activities. Clements Park is the other and is a short drive away.

The pool area is a little small and is a little cool but the kids and many adults don't mind as it is busy frequently. The campground is well kept and clean with two bathrooms/showers well located. The store is charming with a load of flavours of ice cream. A quaint restaraunt is beside the store and serves a great breakfast but could use some more servers to assist with the lone waitress that works there and speed up service.

We just came back today after another great weeknd where it was halloween in the campground and the haunted house put together by staff and campers was terrific! Even scared the "you know what" out of me!

I highly recommend this campground aside from what other may have stated. Different strokes for different folks. All sites are great but I recommend the ones along C row, closer to the water area. You can drive over if you aren't far to check it out.

Wolfville, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Wow !!!

I think the owners must have commented above!!. I have NEVER seen a more run down uninviting campground and I have NEVER been more poorly treated in my life!!! I spoke to 5 other campers who came down to stay at Dunromin so they could be closer to to Upper Clements theme park and all were unhappy. We had a terrible site that was listed as waterfront and we arrived only to be surrrounded by trees. We had a mudhole for a campsite, wet wood(actually it was the bark off of the wood. It was from a mill and boy it was green!!) and we were in 1 foot of mud. That is NO JOKE.... our camper sunk 1 foot and it is a good thing i have 4WD. They had a foot of rebar to anchor the fire pits down and my son sliced his foot on it . it went right through his sandal and cut him badly!!!! GRRRRR...... and the owners son?????? The one with the poofy hair.....Josh is his name . Wow..... what a piece of work. I had to actually walk away in mid sentence because i was going to get VERY UPSET. He said it is your choice to leave and didn't even offer an apology....the only thing i was really looking for!! He is going to run his parents business into the ground!!!!!!

This is a horrible place .

The other campers were using foul language pumping loud music and needless to say this does not make sitting around the campfire with your friends and family a very relaxing experience. Police cars were seen on three separate occasions.

Stay at the COVE . It is up the mountain (5 Min away...we found it when we went exploring for next time).........................NUFF SAID

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunromin Campground?

wow, 2 totally opposing posts and both from first time posters... gona be hard to figure that one out.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dunromin Campground?

my sentiments exactly, manfredz....

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dunromin Campground?

If I recall there are several signs for campgrounds around that area and countless motels, so guess teh only thing to do would be for the OP to check it out and if second poster is more on target, to keep going and try another one (and please let us know what you find)

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,946 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dunromin Campground?

It is very common for a first time poster to miraculously appear to give praise about something. It is very unusual to see the opposite! The latter does not say where he/she is from and when they went to the campground.

I agree that you should take a look before deciding and please report back.

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Nope, I am not an owner. Sorry to hear your stay was terrible. I have been there twice and enjoyed both times. I do not know the owners or the people who run it. i am military and work at the base in greenwood. We use the range near by and I decided to stop in on on my way back once and check it out. I was uncertain at first but was pleased in the end. It is to bad (BigPW1) that you had a terrible stay. I saw the cove myself and was unimpressed for the fact that the sites were very close together but I have not stayed there myself. It also got terrible reviews. Which site did you stay at and what did you camp in? We were at site C30 both times in a travel trailer. i am very picky myself believe it or not (high maintenance).

Anyway, everyone must decide on their own. I had a great experience myself but have had terrible ones at other places where people raved about it. Please do not assume someone is an owner because of a positive review. see my pic? Do I look like someone who was working there the time you were there? Good luck to all & happy camping

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dunromin Campground?

By the way, just becasue I am a "first timer" does not mean anything. You guys were "first timers too" Please do not judge me as you do not know me any more than I know you. Thanks and you see my name there, look me up and you will see. I was replying to a question not a negative comment. Just saying.

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dunromin Campground?

I did not mean to imply that either Sherry nor BigPW were phoney posters.

I just wanted to point out that one should take both their posts with caution.

Don't know how often it happens in the NS forum, but in other forums I've been to some phoney posts, either possitive or negative can be noticed as such by being posted by posters who have postd such as their one and only post. But as you pointed out, we all started with a first post.

Wolfville, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dunromin Campground?

Hi Sherry K ,

I was really just being sarcastic. I didn't mean to offend. i am glad you had a good time. I think We are more of a Rissers, Graves Island, Keji kind of family. The nasty staff(son of owner) was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak...an apology or a "we made a mistake was all i needed!!

Personally i won't be back .

Enjoy the rest of your summer camping

Reply to: Dunromin Campground?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Annapolis Royal
More Annapolis Royal Topics