We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Week Hotel Stay

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
2 Week Hotel Stay

My wife and I will be going to NFLD this summer and would like to stay at a Hotel for 2 weeks inclusive. Ideally a hotel that is within driving distance to Torbay where my brother lives. He will pickup us up daily and drop us off. The cost is not the most important factor but getting a quiet place to stay. I am guessing that any hotels near the airport are more for over night stays, looking for suggestions for a hotel for use to stay for the full 2 weeks. We will save money by not having to rent a car and can use one for free less the gas daily so getting a decent place to call home is important. Thanks for any advice, am flexible so a place that may be a little further out from Torbay could work as it may give us time to stroll around that area and see the sights.

Paul

Signal Hill
Historic Sites, Military Bases & Facilities, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,953 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Week Hotel Stay

Torbay is a smaller community which borders St. John's. Somewhere in St. John's east is where you want for easy access to Torbay Road. Are you more interested in a hotel or self catering? The Hampton Inn would be just off Torbay Road. They call it an airport hotel but it's actually five km away on Stavanger Drive.

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Week Hotel Stay

Likely a hotel as we will eat out each day during our excursions. I will take a look at the one you mentioned. Thanks for the post back.

Paul

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,953 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Week Hotel Stay

Hotels further away from the airport but closer to Torbay would also include Holiday Inn (NOT the Express at the airport) or the Super 8. For any others, you would have to be downtown or further west of Torbay.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Week Hotel Stay

I'd suggest downtown and my preference right now is the Jag. It's a 5 star property but probably offers weekly rates. Walking distance to the waterfront, restaurants, pubs, museums and art galleries. We go on weekends and park the car and don't move it until it's time to go home.

Rooms are nice and quiet. Food and drink is great. Also across the road from Mile One Centre if there are any concerts or events on the go.

A nice place to go to dinner and the room service and after hours menu is fun.

5. Re: 2 Week Hotel Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 09:47