We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Quidi Vidi

Calgary
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Walking to Quidi Vidi

Can you tell me if it is possible to walk from our hotel (Murray Premises), up to Signal Hill and then down to Quidi Vidi? If so, approximentally how long do you estimate it would take? Thinking of making lunch reservations at Mallard Cottage.

Is it then possible to walk back to the centre of town without going back over Signal Hill?

Thanks.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Walking to Quidi Vidi

Murray Premises to Signal Hill I think is about 3 km or so and remember part of the way is uphill. Distance from Signal Hill to Mallard Cottage via the trails is about 2 km (my estimation)."

To return from Mallard cottage to Murray Premises use Forest Road, and then Quidi Viidi Road which leads to Water and Duckworth Streets. No need to return to Signal Hill.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
201 reviews
2. Re: Walking to Quidi Vidi

Love Janidd's posts because I usually always agree. UPHILL should have been capitalized here. lol Might want to cab up and do a leisurely stroll back. There are some nice pottery shops and artisans in the area too.

3. Re: Walking to Quidi Vidi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 09:47