We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4.5 Layover in St John's

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
4.5 Layover in St John's

I have a little over 4.5 hours layover in St John's on Sunday, May 22nd (the May long weekend). Would I have enough time to grab a taxi and head downtown to see Jellybean Row? The houses are so beautiful on the Newfoundland commercials on TV. I'd love to take some photos and perhaps buy a souvenir (print or canvas shopping bag, etc).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4.5 Layover in St John's

Bump.

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4.5 Layover in St John's

Yes you have lots of time...the cab to downtown will take about 10 minutes. If you have nothing to check back in when you get back to the airport then just be back at the airport 45 minutes before the flight. Ask the taxi guy for a card and he or she will probably comeback and pick u up. If you do have 4.5 hours then sounds like yo easily got 2.5 - 3 hours to sightsee. I live half way between the airport and downtown...so if you need any other info ask away

Edited: 18 May 2016, 06:59
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4.5 Layover in St John's

ontherock3, thank you for your reply. We will take a taxi then in to town to see jellybean row.

4. Re: 4.5 Layover in St John's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2017, 09:46