We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?

5 posts
Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?
Save

Hello!

I'm going to be coming from the Twilingate/Farewell Ferry area later in the day heading to Deer Lake to fly out. My flight will be around 2pm, so thought I would try and bite off 1-2 hours of the drive the night before and make the rest of it in the morning.

Are there any nice places/towns/hotels to stay along that route? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, really just a pitstop where we'll have dinner and relax.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Newfoundland and...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
6,540 posts
119 reviews
49 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?
Save

Springdale or Kings Point would fit. Springdale would be maybe 90 minutes or less from Deer Lake. Many people like staying at the By the Sea Inn in Kingspoint because of the cafe and the sea views. However, I’m not that fond, the rooms to me are sort of poky and the “Loft Suites” actually share a common living/kitchen area (not for me, esp during a pandemic). I prefer the Riverwood Inn in Springdale, pricier and not on the sea, but every room has wonderful views of Indian River.

By the Sea https://bythesearesort.ca/guest_suites.php

Riverwood Inn. https://www.riverwoodinn.ca/suites.php

5 posts
2. Re: Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?
Save

Thank you! Very helpful.

Part of me is wondering if I just stay closer to Farewell ferry in the Birchy Bay or Boyds Cove area for that night.

That way I could just have a full day in that area with an easy drive at night and just do the 3.5 hour drive all in the morning from there (ie. make it a dedicated travel day). I will be there in October so will lose sun fairly early I'd guess?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?
Save

6:34 p.m.

Thursday, October 7, 2021 (NDT)

Sunset in Boyd's Cove, NL

6:40 p.m.

Thursday, October 7, 2021 (NDT)

Sunset in Springdale, NL

I always pop by King's Point for a quick visit. It's very pretty, even for a just a quick look, fairly close to the TCH, and King's Point Pottery Gallery and Gifts is one of the best gift shops in NL (a nice place to grab a little something to remind you of your time on the island). I'm not all that much of a souvenir guy (for the most part, I just grab myself a rock here and there), but it's a pretty cool shop.

Newfoundland and...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
6,540 posts
119 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?
Save

I don’t quite understand where you’re coming from. Are you leaving Twillingate, or are you coming from Fogo? Because Twillingate (or Farewell) to Boyd’s Cove is only about 30 minutes drive. But coming from Fogo is a different matter where you have to get the ferry, in that case Boyd’s Cove, or perhaps Lewisporte (around 1 hour from Farewell), would work for you.

Reply to: Where to stay between Twilingate and Deer Lake?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newfoundland and...
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.