We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days road trip to NB from TO

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

Hi all. I'm looking for the best route to stop around the 7-8 hour mark from TO to NB. I thought Quebec city would be nice stop over. Drive another 6-8 hours and where would this get us to? We are planning on visiting the southern part of New Brunswick. Which city do you suggest is the first stop? Moncton or start in Saint john and go around to Fredericton? Im in the starting phase of planning. Any suggestions would be helpful.

10 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
35,253 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

"Drive another 6-8 hours and where would this get us to?"

Google maps will tell you that.

6 hours to Fredericton

7 hours to Saint John

7.5 to Moncton

Depends a lot on what you want to see & do in NB. If you start in Moncton, you can then travel along the Fundy coast to Hopewell Rocks, Alma, etc. towards Saint John. Then perhaps head to Saint Andrews, and back up to Fredericton and home.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

I was just googling that exact question I asked. Once we get to NB I wasn't sure which city to start off with so thank you for that info. I'll look into that route. It's a road trip with little expectations except to do so some R n R and sight seeing. We will have to come back when we have more time to appreciate the other provinces their places of interests. Thanks again.

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

Seven days will not give you as much time as needed for dealing with the large cities enumerated here. The round about approach for avoiding chances for become misdirected in efforts to maximize your travel time might be counter productive or not well planned with alternatives awaiting you in every direction of the NB compass. Choose the elements of the those cities and concentrate on visiting them. Itemize or identify your preferences found in these cities and when they become priorities group them according to location and proximity. You are dealing with more than geography. .Look at the travel time and distance for coping with the road map. Staying too long in one place is not harmful or detrimental to one's fulfilling his vacation goals.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
325 reviews
203 helpful votes
4. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

Who will be on the trip and do the 7 days include travel?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
35,253 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
5. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

Just as an FYI to take the comment in post #3 with a grain of salt... none of the cities in NB are "large" .. especially in comparison to where you are coming from.

Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
325 reviews
203 helpful votes
6. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

pharmacy quite correct all well under 200,000

Level Contributor
77 posts
7. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

I suggest that, if you're coming all the way to New Brunswick, focus on what sets New Brunswick apart: small coastal towns and dramatic seascapes. Aside from historic Uptown Saint John and maybe the Garrison District in Fredericton, the cities themselves are not the highlight at all.

Stay in St. Andrews for a couple of nights at the Algonquin Hotel. Do some whale watching and visit Minister's Island.

If you don't mind ferry rides, maybe check out Grand Manan.

Use St. Martins as a base for exploring the Fundy Trail Parkway, and check out the sea caves while you're in the village.

Use Alma as a base for exploring Fundy National Park, which is easily the highlight of New Brunswick. Also visit Hopewell Cape while you're in the area.

Those are the highlights. If you're looking to kill some additional time, check out one of the quieter beaches in coastal Kent County.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
8. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

Thank you for your suggestions. Appreciate it!

Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
325 reviews
203 helpful votes
9. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

Don’t forget to try all the wonderful seafood and fish.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Save

That's exactly what the family wants to do...lol. thks

Reply to: 7 days road trip to NB from TO
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.