We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip activities for a non skier

India
Level Contributor
150 posts
34 reviews
Day trip activities for a non skier

Hi everybody. I'll be visiting Whistler as a day trip from Vancouver in second week of December. I am a non skier and snow is a rare experience for me. I plan to do the Peak to Peak Gondola. I was also interested in either going for Superfly zipline or snowmobiling. But I am not sure if I can fit either of these activities in the short time I am at Whistler (I would arrive around 8am and depart by 4pm). If I can, then is it recommended to do an advance booking or can I still join either of the tours as a walk in?

I am also interested in photography. Which of these activities would give me a better opportunity to capture the snowbound landscapes? (Apart from the still pics, I'd also be bringing a GoPro camera for capturing these tours). Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,965 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Day trip activities for a non skier

Check with the Whistler site to see what could be available. Another option would be to ride down the bobsled run.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
727 posts
2. Re: Day trip activities for a non skier

You would have time to do both PEAK 2 PEAK and a zipline tour. For example 9am Ziptrek - finish around 12 noon. You would have 3 hours for P2P gondola + lunch which is sufficient.

I would suggest booking the Ziptrek Bear or Eagle tour combo with the P2P ticket. You get a discount on both when you buy the combo.

Superfly is great - though they may not be open in the second week of December. The tour is accessed via snowcat in the winter, so snow is needed in the Valley. It also takes a little longer to get out to the base (10/15 minute drive north of Village).

Both great for photography!

3. Re: Day trip activities for a non skier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2015, 10:46